Troy Corporation in Florham Park, NJ. We are currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager for the Northeast territory. The successful candidate must have sales experience within the chemicals arena selling biocides into the paints and coatings industries. The following is the link to the job description: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH04/ats/careers/
GEO Specialty Chemicals Inc.
Develop and support emerging technologies in water-borne polyurethanes.
- Synthesis of polymeric compounds with emphasis in polyurethane dispersions
- Characterization and application testing of polymeric compounds for leather and textile applications
- Process development and manufacturing support for polyurethane dispersions
- Preparation of internal reports and technical literature for marketing
- Resin formulating and synthesis experience is required, specific to polyurethane dispersions. Other synthesis experience such as polyester and alkyd resins, emulsion polymerization, alkyd dispersion, or urethane-acrylates/methacrylates is a plus.
- Formulation experience in two component high solids, solvent-free or water-borne polyurethanes with emphasis in textile applications.
- Analytical testing procedures required to properly characterize polymeric resins, including wet and instrumental analytical methods.
- Ability to adapt chemistry to new applications
- B.S. Chemistry with minimum 5yrs industrial product development experience in polyurethanes is required.
- Self driven attitude to acquire knowledge and ability to apply technical knowledge in new market applications
- Demonstrated success in developing technologies
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
This position requires participation in all site-specific safety training and compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
Contact Scott.Smyth@GEOSC.com for more information.
R&D lab position available for formulator experienced in UV/ Visible light cured chemistries. The ideal candidate is a scientist that wants to be working at the bench. Position is located at R&D Center in Cherry Hill, NJ.
- Develop new and novel formulations for coatings on fingernail and plastic substrates.
- Develop new test methods for appropriate evaluation of new and existing technologies.
- Key member of the Research team for new concepts and products to support the existing cosmetic and specialty businesses
- Present new concepts and technologies to sales and marketing team as well as management
- Interact with laboratories and sales teams in other global locations
- Identify important scale up parameters and design plant equipment to safely manufacture the of new formulations.
- Assist in the Scale up of formulations and processes into production equipment.
- Attend relevant technological training seminars and trade shows.
Education: B.S. Chemistry, Materials Science or a related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
Previous Work Experience: Minimum of 3 year of experience in the formulation of UV cured Coatings. Experience with pigmented systems and/ or low-power LED light sources a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Computer competence in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Strong Understanding of Radiation Curing Fundamentals
- Ability to work independently to achieve project goals.
Please send resume to Kevin Sheran. Email: email@example.com
Paint or Coatings Engineers or Chemists
Candidate needed for a successful and growing coatings company. The ideal candidate would need at least 4-5 years experience. This company is focused mainly on the architectural side.
This position is located in a very desirable coastal area of the southeast for a growing people oriented company. I am interested in developing contacts who might either be a candidate or know other people with contacts.
My contact info: Con Cary, Cary & Associates, Winter Park Florida,
Any referrals will be kept confidential. The position has a competitive salary and great benefits. Relocation assistance is available.
Stonhard – Maple Shade, NJ (Greater Philadelphia Area)
STONHARD is the world leader in high performance seamless, polymer floors for
chemical processing, healthcare, education, transportation, public spaces, pharmaceutical,
electronics, food and beverage, industrial and commercial flooring environments. As our
organization strives to continue to produce new and innovative state-of-the-art products,
we are expanding our Research & Development team at our Corporate HQ in Maple
Shade, NJ. Our current search is for a highly talented and creative Formulation Chemist
with a background in the polymer coatings industry to assume a key role in our R&D
Department. This individual will help boost our level of innovation and creativity as the
team enhances our current product offerings.
As key member of our development team, you will…
• Develop and formulate new products
• Maintain up-to-date awareness of relevant raw materials
• Perform a variety of physical and analytical testing
• Assist in the scale up of new products
• Troubleshoot current products
• Execute various lab experiments
• Write research and progress reports
• May conduct field evaluations
If you have demonstrated success formulating new products in the polymer industry, we
want to talk to you! This position enjoys a casual, yet professional atmosphere. Learn
more about us by visiting our website at www.stonhard.com!
STONHARD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone
calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of STONHARD
via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be
deemed the sole property of STONHARD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate
is hired by STONHARD as a result of the referral or through other means.
Desired Skills & Experience
Our successful candidate should have…
• A minimum of 2 years preferred in the formulation of polymers, epoxies,
polyurethanes, coatings or adhesives
• B.S. degree in Chemistry or equivalent in experience
• Good computer skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
STONHARD is the unprecedented leader in manufacturing and installing high
performance seamless floor, wall and lining systems and has been for over 90 years.
STONHARD’s seamless, long-wearing and easy to clean floors, walls and protective
lining systems are engineered to perform in both industrial flooring and commercial
environments without sacrificing design and innovative vision. Unparalleled products,
easy maintenance, progressive and customized designs ~ and STONHARD’s single
source warranty covering both installation and products. From start to finish our 300
territory managers, project engineers and 175 installation teams worldwide, work with
you on design specifications, project management, final walk through and service after
Experience The Stonhard Difference. STONHARDis an ISO-9001 Registered Company.
STONHARD is an RPM company.
February 25, 2013
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Functions: Research, Manufacturing, Production
Industries: Chemicals, Building Materials, Construction
Compensation: Base salary, benefits, 401k, pension
State Sponsored Employment Searches
Philadelphia Area Coatings Positions
“The PSCT Career Page will be updated often. Please continue to check for New Opportunities!”